What dark powers possess the mysterious trinket?
When his patient Kim is nearly killed in a motor accident, Dr. Martin decides to investigate. His only clue is a strange trinket which Kim has clutched since her crash. An occult expert tells him it is Akasa a Hittite God of revenge and destruction. Meanwhile Kim s car, apparently unmanned, rampages the roads causing carnage and disaster.
Starring Oscar winner José Ferrer (Cyrano de Bergerac) and featuring Sue Lyon (Lolita), John Carradine (The Grapes of Wrath), and Leslie Parrish (For Love or Money).
Audio commentary with Charles Band & David DeCoteau
Speed Demon: The Making Of Crash
Rare video with Robert Carradine, John Carradine, Keith Carradine
Charles Band s 70 s Grindhouse trailers
Starring José Ferrer Sue Lyon John Ericson Leslie Parrish and John Carradine
Cinematography by Andrew Davis Written by Mark Marais Produced and Directed by Charles Band
Runtime: 88 min
Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic
· "Crash! is a fun B-movie with lots of great explosions and slow-mo car crashes. The added supernatural elements were interesting and unexpected, adding another layer of fun on top of the car action." - http://www.silveremulsion.com/2011/11/22/crash-1977/ (Will)
· "By combining a revenge story with the occult [...] and adding a dab of The Exorcist, Band turned what could have been a silly story into a slice of crazy cult goodness." - http://www.videotapeswapshop.co.uk/6471/crash-1977-director-charles-band/ (ZACH)
· "I'll say it one last time: Crash! is one weird movie." - http://www.dreadcentral.com/reviews/7293/from-here-to-obscurity-crash-1977/ (The Foywonder)
· "This is a bizarre cinematic curiosity worth tracking down if you re a fan of truly oddball cinema" - http://www.dreadcentral.com/reviews/7293/from-here-to-obscurity-crash-1977/ (The Foywonder)
· "This film is profoundly weird" - http://www.fright.com/edge/Crash!.htm (FRIGHT.COM)
· "This is a fun drive-in flick that is screaming for a DVD [release]. - http://originalvidjunkie.blogspot.com/2010/06/vehicular-violence-crash-1977.html?zx=9af1d1cd52fd7329 (Demonic)
Selling Points :
· Charles Band's horror directorial debut - a hard to come by jewel for the avid horror film collector.
· Crash! stars the late, great José Ferrer (Lawrence of Arabia) & Sue Lyon (Lolita).
· This film paved the way and inspired later Killer Car cult B Movies such as Christine (John Carpenter, 1981).
· A kooky and ultimately eye catchingly bizarre film that will entice any cinephile or fan of oddball cinema and early cult classic 70's B horror.